Welcome to Aspen Creek PreK-8!
Preschool through middle level years are a critical time in a child’s intellectual, social and emotional development. We believe that the PreK-8 educational model is the best for our students, helping them to be confident life-long learners who are ready for the challenges of high school and beyond.
Our Aspen Creek PreK-8 staff is a remarkable group of professionals who care deeply and are dedicated to establishing a learning environment that promotes the social, emotional and academic success of all students. Our efforts to ensure that students feel safe and cared for include teaching and reinforcing our school-wide positive behavior expectations, P.R.I.D.E., which stands for being Positive, Responsible, Inclusive, Dependable, and Engaged, every day.
Here at Aspen Creek we are committed to providing academic experiences for our students that are rigorous and relevant, while making real-world connections. Our students are full of wonder and questions and we are here to inspire and spark a curiosity that empowers students to think and learn for themselves. It’s important to prepare our students to think critically, collaborate with others, develop solutions to problems and ask questions so they are motivated to learn, become leaders and be change agents that make a positive impact on our school, our community and the future ahead.
What sets Aspen Creek PreK-8 apart from other schools?
The PreK-8 model provides a safe and nurturing environment.
• A smaller environment means students are known and nurtured as individuals – both academically and socially – creating more confident and self-assured students.
• Students feel comfortable challenging themselves, learning new things, and taking risks. They can learn how to fail and pick themselves up in a supportive atmosphere where their teachers are there to help and guide them.
• Students develop self-awareness and an understanding of how they learn best.
Students develop leadership skills.
• All students have leadership opportunities. Our seventh and eighth graders serve as role models for the younger students. They are given the responsibility of acting as school leaders, and they rise to the expectation. Our older students connect with younger students through our peer tutoring program and classroom teacher support program.
Students are free to stay children for longer.
• Students can have fun, be silly, and enjoy age appropriate activities without feeling like they need to act older than they are. Our middle level students don’t have the typical peer pressures to grow up too fast.
Students are prepared and ready for future transitions.
• Students are ready to spread their wings as they prepare to move on to high school. With a strong academic and social foundation, they embrace the transition to high school as a new adventure.
• When it comes time to make the transition from high school to college, students feel more comfortable knowing they can go into a new environment, make friends, and be successful.
The focus is squarely on PreK-8 students.
• The faculty and staff and school resources are dedicated to PreK-8 students.
• Building a strong foundation of academics, character and leadership skills is paramount.
We are always here to answer any questions you may have, so don’t hesitate to contact us!
Welcome to Aspen Creek PreK-8,
Jennifer Bedford, Principal